Saturday 18 June 2016

We Look At Technology As Cavemen Looked At Fire

This is exactly how I look when I sit in front of the new piano. 

I recently bought myself a fancy digital piano. This 'gadget' is fairly different from the lovely little cottage piano I have learned to play since childhood. This one comes with 'n' number of bells and whistles that comes alive with a mere push of a button. I have read the instruction manual over and over again to try and get a grip on this object but I am still yawns away from making any real progress. Everyday I open the lid and look at it in partial awe and partial fear. While laptops, mobile phones and tablets don't scare me, a new genre of gadget completely throws me out.

I can't help but wonder, is this how early men looked at fire when it made an initial appearance in their lives? Perhaps their eyes looked at the 'magic' is shock and awe while their minds looked for ways to control it.


No comments:

Post a Comment